Sometimes, I don't have time to cook a gourmet meal especially after a long day at work! So I made an impromptu dinner with items I found in my fridge and pantry. Quick, healthy, easy and it took me 30 minutes to cook dinner. For the seasoning, I didn't use measuring spoons, I just eye-ball it. I used 2 cups Minute Ready to Serve Brown Rice. The brown rice has a nutty flavor and slightly chewy texture. What's great about Minute Ready to Serve Brown Rice, it comes in individual cups and it takes only 1 to 1 1/2 mins to cook in the microwave. Talk about time saver!
2 chicken breasts
1 medium onion
8 sun-dried tomatoes (from jar packed with oil), chopped
2 cups cooked Brown Rice (or use Minute Ready to Serve Brown Rice)
1. Cook the brown rice according to directions on the package.
2. Pound the chicken breasts to even thickness. Season with Italian seasoning on both sides.
3. Grill the chicken breasts until cooked throughly. Another option is to pan fry the chicken breasts with a little olive oil. Once cooked, set aside.
4. Cut the onion in half and slice them thinly. In a sauté pan, add olive oil and cook the onions until soft and caramelized in medium-high heat (about 10-12 mins). Add garlic-salt seasoning (few dashes). Then add the chopped sun-dried tomatoes and cook for a few minutes more (about 5 mins).
5. Cut the chicken breasts diagonally and plate everything together.